Friday, November 21, 2008

People of the world spice up your life

Just in case your didn't know, the title of this post is a line from a SPICE GIRLS song, I recommend you listen to it. It will make you wish that you were 12 again making up rollerblade dances in your parents front yard, or maybe that's just me. Anyway, this week we spiced up our lives and did a few things that we don't often do.

Last Saturday Cassi and Allen invited us to go to the Little Sahara with them to ride four wheelers. I had only done this a couple times before and this was years ago so I was a little freaked out to be driving my own quad. Thanks to the help of good friends and a cute hubs, I didn't injure anyone or get killed myself! Josh did roll his machine and it about gave me a heart attack, luckily he was fine and so was the 4-wheeler. We had fun Cassi and Allen, thank you! Oh, and thanks Angie for letting me borrow your gear, you're the best!



Thumbs up dude!

If you didn't know this was me just this last weekend, how old would you think I was here?

Usually we are pretty boring during the week but we decided to spice things up a bit this Wednesday night. We went to our first Jazz game in a VERY long time, and ate at the delicious Red Iguana. I had never ridden on the Trax before this night so I had to document the historical event.


Yeah, we sat way up high in the nose bleed section.

K, this is my favorite picture of Josh! How geeky does he look? I think it's hilarious. His head actually looks small here and we all know his noggin is massive. Let's hope that our children are born with heads more like their mommy's. No offense babe, you know how much I love your big head.


We took a short walk through the city and passed the "Old Clock" downtown. I absolutely love this clock and had to be photographed with it.

The rest of our week consisted of work, work, work, not working out, and more work. I had a boutique Wednesday, Thursday, two today and I have two tomorrow. I'm pooped.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that you guys are always getting out and doing fun things! You remind me of us before we had kids...enjoy it while you can!

Adam & Samantha said...

that looks so fun! weve never been before, we should try it! i love how you even look cute in your gear. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good ol' spice girls! I'm sure that we had a dance routine for about half of their songs when we were younger. Remember the "I want it that way" routine? Did we even know what we were doing? I guess we were just a group of pervs...

Jess and Jason Apperson said...

I was laughing my butt off when you mentioned coming up with rollerblading routines. Lol, we were so weird!!! Remember our Grease play we did? Rachel, I can't remember if you were in that one. Court, you were Patty Simcox and I was Jan. And Mo and Linds fought over being Sandy, so we let them both be her. Hahaha. Being little was fun. Riding quads looks like fun too! It's good to get in the adventurous things before you have kids. You guys are so cute.

Adam & Samantha said...

well, we wanted to wait and start trying to have kids in like a year and a half, but sometimes i get baby hungry. We also just had a scare and we're not ready yet, we want more time with each other, but maybe start trying in a year. what about you? You've been married 2 years, right? When will I get to babysit your children?

Tebbs Times said...

CUte..did you knit your hat too?? I think it is adorable!! glad you had an eventful week! Cute couple!!

the organic kitchen said...

Zig a zig ahhhh! Oh the spice girls! After seeing this post Lindsay is reliving all the terrible things you made her do as little girl! She has a memory of you making her and alyssa and becca go under the water fall in the Lapps pool and spit water into each others mouths... and now she is telling another story... cute pix. Did you see Scotty had his surgery?

The Risdons said...

mmm Red Iguana. Love that place. Love it!

The Everts said...

how exciting! looks like you had tons of fun! btw... could you send me your address for christmas cards.. i realized i never did send you one last year! sorry!

Megan said...

seeing these pictures makes me miss living in utah...im sure that feeling will pass by the time i am done writing this comment though : ) . you are looking great and i am loving your green hat...very cute!

Angie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm glad you had fun. I didn't know Josh rolled his atv. Yikes! I've done that before....scary!

Tiffany + Jared said...

I found myself listening to that cd this week! ahhh!!! i love it. Also I had a funny dream about us the other night. Are you guys sticking around for Thanksgiving? What are your holiday plans?