Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to yooooouuuuu!

Josh's birthday was really fun. We spent two days celebrating his birth and life. We started off by going shopping.

Josh on his couch at Anthropologie playing Brick Breaker. I LOVE the pillows behind him.

He really wants a Wii now.

After shopping we went to dinner at Market Street Grill. We had some tasty crab cakes and a yummy meal. Then, Matt and Brooke invited everyone over to their new house, which is sooo cute, to play games and have home-made ice cream.

Sunday was Josh's actual birthday. I woke up and made him yummy waffles and spicy breakfast potatoes for his first birthday meal. We showed up to church 2 hours late because no one told us our meeting schedule had changed. So we had a short day of church and had a nice, relaxing day. We went to Josh's mom's house for dinner with the WHOLE family.

I love this picture of Josh with the Littles. I love the colors of the leaves and how they are all holding hands. The girls wanted him to take them out in the rain and he's a champ so he did. They love their Monkey.


One of the gifts I gave Josh is a rubber band gun. I don't know what I was thinking and I have a strong feeling that I will pay for that choice.

I made Josh's favorite chocolate cake and I think it turned out ok. Brooke is the master cake maker and was kind enough to let me use her recipe.
All in all, I think he had a great 26th birthday.
Happy Birthday Josue! I love you.

7 comments:

Jess and Jason Apperson said...

I was laughing so hard at the rubberband gun picture! Josh's face was priceless! All I could think of was how much Jason would love one, and how his mischievous face would look right before he would nail me with a rubberband. lol. I hope that doesn't happen to you!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Love the picture with the little girls & the leaves.

Rachel said...

We love you too, Joshua Ray/Matt Dillon/Mark McGrath! Glad we got to spend your bday with you...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Boy, it sure was nice when we actually took the time to celebrate things... Darn kids. But I guess they are worth it right? Heehee

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke and Matt: said...

Looks fun! Yeah right, master cake maker. Master "from a box" cake maker!! I made your bread and it was delicious! Matt loves it. We missed you guys this weekend. Matt went motorcycling and ditched me:( Looks like you had fun in Sundance, so pretty!

the organic kitchen said...

Happy birthday to Josh! Never and I repeat never give a boy a rubberband gun, or for that matter any gun. they always use it to torment the women in their lives. What were you thinking? Get 4 more for Christmas and all the boys can have a gun fight while we girls hide.