Our sweet baby girl turned 7 months old last week! How is this possible? I can't believe it has already been 7 months. It feels like yesterday that I birthed her, but like she has been with us forever. Lucy continues to be a ray of sunshine in our lives and home. She is the sweetest baby around and we love her so unbelievably much.
At 7 months, Lucy:
- can sit up on her own! She has only taken one fall while sitting and she's been doing it for almost a month. She has great balance and control.
- rolls allllll over the place all the time. She is a little tumble weed and is never in the same place I put her, even after just a few seconds.
- reaches for EVERYTHING! Whether we are holding her, she is in her stroller, or she's on the ground, she tries to touch everything in sight. Who knew the vacuum handle, wall corners, remote controls, door knobs, etc could be so interesting? I try to let her touch as much as possible, because I know that is how she learns at this age. I love that she is so interested and that she loves to learn.
- eats a ton! She still loves to nurse, and she is a champion with solids. Girlfriend eats everything we give her. The only thing she hasn't liked is edemame, which I'm ok with because it is a soy bean and I don't want her to eat a lot of soy. I still make all her food. She loves everything from mangoes to lentil soup and has had no tummy issues with anything we've given her. She still hasn't had any gluten, dairy, or meat- only fruits, veggies, grains, and legumes. I will probably introduce the other foods groups to her in the next couple of months.
- still naps 6-7 hours a day. She is such a good little sleeper. She sleeps through the night most nights. For a while she had stopped, I think between traveling and growth spurts, she was waking up once a night. She just needed her bink and she'd fall asleep again. Now she's back on track and we all are loving it!
- is still toothless, which I love! I thought for sure she was teething a few weeks ago, but there are no teeth in sight yet. I love her gummy little grin.
- is extra squishy! I love her rolls and her quadruple chin. Yum!
- notices other babies and little kids. She gets so excited when she sees another little one. She has to touch them and giggles. It's pretty cute.
- gives me kisses and I love it! They are open mouthed, wet and amazing. I love her.
- loves her mama and daddy. She smiles at us all day long and thinks we are the greatest people om Earth. We love it and will take it while it lasts. I hate to think that one day we will embarrass her and that she won't need us anymore.
- has started to notice when I'm not paying attention to her and she fake coughs/gags to get me to look her way. Little stinker.
- has terrible eczema. We all hate it. She scratches at it all day, and even in her sleep sometimes. It bleeds and scabs, and looks so uncomfortable. I'm determined to figure out the cause of her eczema and eliminate it completely.
- loves to suck on her toes! It's so funny.
- is still the happiest, funniest baby ever. She smiles at everyone and is just a bundle of happiness.
We love our little Lucy! She continues to amaze us, every day. We feel so lucky she is ours.
We are so very blessed.
We are so very blessed.