Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Lady Liberty

We were able to go to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We feel so blessed to have been born in this country. We are able to enjoy so many things that most people in this world go without. We are so grateful for all of the freedoms we are able to enjoy every day of our lives. People gave up everything they owned to pass through Ellis Island and come to America. I'm glad I just had to be born into the right family to live here. We are very blessed.
Anyway, I am so tired right now and I don't know if any of this even makes sense so I'll end it here.

Ellis Island




3 comments:

Megan said...

i love the statue of liberty! how fun that you guys were able to go and visit ellis island. isn't new york amazing!?! how much longer are you there for?

Spiker said...

Yes your great grandparents came over from Kazatstan on a boat bound for Ellis Island. Bringing with them their only possessions, a goat and a big block of cheese.Your cousin Borat tells the story in a film he made. Courtney I think you get your facial hair from grandma Borat. Anyway, the Statue of Liberty means alot to me too. i can't see it without thinking about goats and cheese. Love, Mom

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Reading your mom's comment makes me miss her too much. It looks pretty cold there.