Tuesday, April 27, 2010

California

We spent this past week in California with my family. It was awesome, and as always was hard to leave. We packed quite a bit into just 5 days. We drove this time to help move Patrick back home, and brought the boat back with us. We were able to see so many family members and friends, all who we wish we were able to spend more time with.

Thursday Josh had to work so I spent the day with my mom, my best friend Ashley and her perfect baby Reese. It was a perfect, fun and relaxing day.

Reesey Pumpkin Pie, always smiling and always a joy to be around.

Have you ever seen a cuter baby in all your life? I didn't think so.



Uncle Luke loves her.


So did Uncle Josh. We can't stop thinking about how wonderful she is and keep saying that we hope our little babe is just like her.

Seriously, always smiling.

Friday morning we headed to meet up with Patrick and some of his friends at Lake Nacimiento. The drive was filled with boy music accompanied by lactose intolerant Luke's outrageous burps.

Within 30 minutes of arriving at the lake and getting the boats on the water Josh hurt his back and could barely move. All he could do was lay on the ground and stare at the perfect, glassy water. It was torture for the poor guy. We ended up leaving the lake to go see a doctor right away and the rest of the day was spent on pain killers and muscle relaxers (for him of course), resting and taking it easy.

That evening we headed to Morro Bay for a beach bonfire. We found this horrendous dead hog a few yards from where we were. It was enormous, much bigger than me.


Josh fell asleep from his meds on the sand so Luke and I had to have a little fun with him. We piled pebbles, one at a time, on his chest until he noticed. We got 14 on there before someone else woke him up. He was out.

Patrick and Luke took the burning beach wood from out fire and played swords with them. They scared me half to death.

Saturday we came home to my dad cleaning out all the cupboards in his garage. They were all filled with camping gear and my mom was sick of it. Yes, all of this below is camping gear. He had at least 15 tents, 4 mini grills, a portable oven, countless sleeping bags, coolers, chairs, backpacks, etc. He also found 6 extra golf bags. We got to go through it and pick out what we wanted for ourselves then we gave the rest away to Goodwill and for someone to sell.

He was so funny, every time he pulled something out he said, "Oh I remember this, this is the best," or, "This is my good___!" He said it was like Christmas and his death all at once.

Patrick gave his farewell talk in church on Sunday. He did such a great job. I still think of him as a baby so this whole mission situation is freaking me out. I love him and am going to miss him so much. I don't know what I'll do without him for 2 whole years. He will be an incredible missionary.

Here is our family outside our pretty church.

Grandma Rita and Patrick

Grandma and Lindsay

After church we had family and friends over for a BBQ and dessert. It was everyone's chance to see Pat one more time before he heads to Argentina.

A cute little duck family in my parent's backyard.

Aunt Cynthia and cousins Sam and Kenna.

Cousin Caroline and Uncle Curtis

I did our cousin Saundra's gorgeous hair and make up. She is going to have to chase the boys away here pretty soon. She is gorgeous.

The girls

And of course, one more of Reese.

Our weekend was great- fast and busy but so much fun.

7 comments:

Meagan said...

Love the pictures. You are adorable!!! That baby girl is too cute for words. I hope your hubs gets better!

Rachel said...

Glad you guys made it back safe! Poor Josh. I hope he's feeling better. That's so frustrating.

Brooke and Matt: said...

Looks like you had fun! Our husbands have weak backs when it comes to wakeboarding!! Thats sad he got hurt, I hope he is feeling better. Baby Reese is adorable!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

It sounds like you are more than ready to have a baby!!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Looks like a great weekend- except for poor Josh. Hope he feels better soon. If you ever start showing... I want some belly pics!

Trevor and Shelby said...

Ok. Putting a picture of that horrendous dead pig and then of the boys around a bonfire is way too "Lord of the Flies" for me! :/ Glad you guys were able to have so much fun though. It was really nice to see you!

Spiker said...

That was a fun week! When you document it all it sure seems like we accomplished a lot, but it didn't feel that way! Reesey is a little bean and that Caroline... well you know. Can't wait to see your baby girl and love her up!