Monday, October 8, 2012

And just like that, she's two.

My beautiful baby is two.  I love this age, I really do.  In fact, I think it's my favorite age so far.  She has us in a constant state of wonder, amazement and exhaustion.  She is so bright and funny.  Seriously, she makes us laugh all day long.  We are so lucky to be her parents.  

She calls me sweetheart, and babe- I could die!  She has also started telling me to 'stop it' and to 'wait two seconds,' oh boy.  The past few weeks have made me very aware of things I say to her several times a day, that I haven't been aware of in the past.  I would freeze her at this age forever if I could.

We had a little birthday party for her at my parents' house in her birthday, September 22.  It was simple and fun, perfect for a 2 year old.  We had friends there, a balloon twister, face painting (thank you Aunt Mari!), chalk, bubbles, yummy food, cupcakes and presents.  It's amazing how much work even a simple party is.  Lucy was so happy to see her friends.  It made my heart sing.  I am sad that we still don't have many friends up here, mostly for her sake.  She is so social, and LOVES to interact with kids.  We are going to sign her up for dance classes, so she can have some social interaction outside of the nursery at church.  Anyway, back to her little party, she had a blast and was partied out by the end of the night.  Here are some pictures of the festivities:



























Lucy was completely spoiled and got an insane amount of gifts.  She wasn't too interested in opening them at her party, but she has loved playing with everything at home.  She knew all about presents and would talk about them the week leading up to her birthday, I think she was just too distracted by everything else going on.  She got clothes, books, shoes, art supplies, blocks, toys...everything.  She now has every princess thing you can imagine- figurines, a singing Rapunzel doll, 3 different dresses, 2 crowns, 2 pair of princess shoes, jewelry, a wand, etc.  She is set for a long, long time.  She didn't care for her cupcake at all, which made Josh and I proud.  We still don't feed her sugar, so she just hasn't developed a taste for it.  She took 3 licks of cream cheese frosting, and was onto the next thing.  I am so glad she is such a good little eater.

Well my Lucy Lu, I couldn't love you more than I do.  I think you are the cutest thing that has ever walked the face of this planet- truly.  The great thing about you is that you are at least as cute on the inside as you are on the outside.  I've never met a child with as much life and personality in them as you.  You are non-stop all day long and I love that about you.  You keep me busy, and on my toes, to say the least.  You are my best little friend.  Your dad and I truly adore you.  You own everyone who looks in your direction.  They all see the light you posses and they fall in love with you immediately.  You have the best smile in the world.  You are strong willed and determined and I can't wait to see where that takes you in life. We are so proud of you and love you more than you will ever know!



1 comment:

Adam & Samantha said...

What a sweet post to your baby girl! Two years old?? My oh my.... So sad we missed the party- Ryder needs to befriend Lucy. She sounds like a blast!! Happy birthday Lucy!