Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Kick Off

This weekend was the perfect kick off to Summer. We started it out with a patio dinner at Aristo's in Sugar House. They have the best pita you will ever eat in your life. It was delicious and the company was good as always. We went with Matt and Brooke. After din din we headed to Dolcetti Gelato which was also very tasty. It's a little tiny gelato shop a husband and wife started after a trip to Italy. I want to start something like that one day.

At Aristo's

yum...

Saturday morning I did a trail race in Draper with my dear friend Cassi. I am not used to trail running and it took a minute to get used to but I ended up really enjoying it. I placed 3rd overall and 2nd in my age group. That sounds a lot better than it actually was. I would guess that there were only about 100 people racing that morning. I wanted to leave to go meet up with Josh right after the race but the organizers told me to wait for the award ceremony because they had 'really great prizes.' Sometimes there are cash or gift card prizes for races so I stuck around thinking maybe I'd win a little fun money. Instead I was rewarded with a pair of running socks. I thought it was kind of funny, but was happy because I LOVE good socks. After our morning work outs, Joshua and I headed to the best breakfast place in town, Ruth's Diner. If you visit SLC, you must go to Ruth's! It is in the middle of Immigration Canyon and I just adore everything about it.

So here I am with my grand prize after my race.

Josh at Ruth's. I promise he was happy, he just doesn't look it.

Saturday night we went with our friends up Millcreek Canyon for a camp fire and great conversation.


Tori and Josh had a marsh mallow roasting competition. Josh won. We also enjoyed grilled peaches with cream cheese and balsamic vinegar glaze.


It was a fantastic weekend and a great start for Summer.

8 comments:

the organic kitchen said...

Socks! You got socks!!! That is awesome!! What did first place get? Underwear?

Melody's Voice said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Isn't the summertime the best?!

Brittany and Johnse said...

Sounds like a great weekend...even if you did win SOCKS!! ha ha!

we love Ruths...they have the best breakfast! that is one of the things we miss about Utah!

Brooke and Matt: said...

Yay for summer!!! That was a fun summer weekend, let do it again asap.

Sabrina said...

i am a fan of socks. & everyone is running these days, maybe i should give it a go when J deploys in the fall; that'll give me something to do...

lori and clark remington said...

Sounds like a great start to summer. I love your dress at the lunch...where did you get it? You are so adorable...your a real mix between your mom and dad! I saw your friends blog you went to the canyon with because the picture of the dog caught my eye...they have the same kind of dog I do. Cooper is so cute!

becca said...

Wait, it's summer? Could have fooled me with all this rain!

Angie said...

I LOVE Ruth's Diner. Bust place for breakfast ever!