Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Morning Joy


One of my very favorite things to do during the Summer and Fall months in Utah is float through the Farmer's Market in Pioneer Park, on a lovely Saturday morning. I love seeing all the unique people, supporting local farmers, finding fantastic deals on fresh food, the sound, the smell and the feel of it all. I love stocking up on some of my favorites, and getting ingredients for a spectacular meal. I think it's awesome cutting out the middle man and giving every penny to the hard workers. I also love that you rarely spend more than a couple dollars on anything there and that you can only get the amount of food that you need. Today's finds included some freshly baked bread, some home made cheese (for a grilled pizza I'll be making tonight), basil, parsley, honey, peppricot jam (for crackers and cream cheese...to die for!), a bundle of garlic, tomatoes, snap peas, and flowers for our garden.


I already can't wait for next time.

13 comments:

lori and clark remington said...

Wow, I wish we had that farmers market close to us. I don't think we have one anymore..we used to but I don't think it still comes to town!
You picked such wonderful things...good job! Let us know how the pizza was!

lori and clark remington said...

Wow, I wish we had that farmers market close to us. I don't think we have one anymore..we used to but I don't think it still comes to town!
You picked such wonderful things...good job! Let us know how the pizza was!

Angie said...

I love to go too, only I haven't been for a LONG time. You've inspired me to go there again. Have you ever been to Sunflower Market? I haven't, but want to. I've heard it's a great store...right next to Fashion Place Mall.

Melody's Voice said...

How great! Nathan an I have been wanting to do just this. We may be copying you very soon...

Kristi said...

Hi! I was looking online for Kevin and Lindsey Ten Eyck's blog when I came across yours. I am trying to get a hold of Lindsey. If you could pass this message onto her I would really appreciate it. My email is kristiluclark@gmail.com. Thank you so much.

Brooke and Matt: said...

we love the market too! We should go together this Saturday!

the organic kitchen said...

We have a great farmers Market here but it's on Sunday... dang... I am thinking of signing up for this Organic Market that delivers organic produce and meat every Saturday morning. It all looks amazing and made me a little hungry!

CASEY & NICOLE said...

yum! i think i might have to check that out too! sounds so good!

kirk n stacy said...

Like mother like daughter...and that is a good thing!

Chels Grubbs said...

Where do you find all of these little treasures?! And homemade pizza?! Delish!!

Jake and Kim said...

I totally agree with you about Wes. He is so lame. You can see the fakeness in his eyes (and his hidden agenda). I can't figure it out, but Kiptyn kind of bothers me. My husband Jake likes Kiptyn alot. I really liked Ed, and I was so sad he left!!! I wanted Ed to win!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

i <3 farmers markets!

Amanda and Ry said...

This looks like so much fun!! I love outdoor markets. Oh and Can you come be my personal chef please? I absolutely love everything I've ever tasted of yours