Monday, May 11, 2009

Our first before and after pictures

Everyone keeps asking for before and after pictures. The only problem with that is until this weekend we didn't have a single room that was 100% finished, therefor no after pictures. The craft room (nursery) is the first room in our house that is complete. When you see the pictures, you will see why it is the first room that is done...there isn't much that goes in there. I just wanted floor space so I can sprawl my projects all over the ground. The only thing we have left to do in this room is put the switch plates back on. I should have waited a couple of hours to take these pictures. The light in this room is so gorgeous around 8:30-9:30, I have too much to do though. So here it is ladies and gentleman, our first before and after shots of our home:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

We changed the paint color from a boring tan to a gentle creamy white, arranged furniture, decorated a bit and voila!

I made these huge hanging flowers out of tissue paper. They were cheap to make and I LOVE them.



It's not much but it is the perfect work space for me. I love how clean and bright this room is. Hopefully we will have two more rooms completely finished this week and I'll have some more after pictures to share soon.

14 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Cute!! I used some Martha Stewart Tissue flowers JUST like those! I love them! She makes the best stuff. What a great space! One down, ...five? to go?

Spiker said...

Cute! I recognize those pictures on the walls! Love the hanging flower balls!

Leslie said...

so if ever, in all of your abundant spare time now, you feel the need to do a tutorial on making those flower ball thingers, that would be great! :) your room looks awesome!

rach said...

Girly u are so dang talented! That room is amazing! Congrats on the house that's awesome!! We need to go run some time!

Brooke and Matt: said...

My sis in law makes those tissue flowers! They are too cute! Hopefully you can redo this room again soon (nursery!!)

Melody's Voice said...

What a cute space! It is very bright and cheery!

Brittany and Johnse said...

So cute...Love the green desk and bright blue ribbon holder! I also love how it is the craft room/soon to be nursery! If you end up having a girl the cute flowers will go great! ;)

Ms. Green Eyes said...

Oh I love it! You are quite the decorator! I will have to steal some of your ideas when we start decorating our house (when we get a house....) :)

Amanda and Ry said...

What a fun room! How could someone walk in there and not feel happy! And I absolutely love the tissue balls.. They turned out great!

Laura said...

I want hangy ball instructions. No, not that kind. Get your mind out of the gutter, Little Courtney.
But seriously. Hangy ball instructions. :)?

Megan said...

that room is so cute! i wish we lived closer so we can work on projects together! but just to clarify, you are not pregnant yet right? am i just really behind? i think this room will make the perfect nursery. man i am jealous of your home! keep the pictures coming!

lori and clark remington said...

Wow, You are so talented! I would love to see your cute home next time I come up to Utah! We go to Park City every January..I will call you and see if I can come by!

DahlHouse said...

Courtney! You're right! It makes you feel like you get to visit if you've been to a blog. I can spend too much time though. I am so impressed with your room! WOW martha! Hangy ball things? Just do an online tutorial and we'll all be happy (: Love you!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I want to know how to make those balls! So cute. And I love the room!