I look like I'm about to pop.
38 Weeks Pregnant and despite my expression I am happy about life, just not thrilled to be taking a picture looking the way I do.
So apparently that nurse who said there was NO way I was going to make it to my due date was wrong. I'm 9 days out and think I still have 2 weeks to go. I feel no different than I did 2 months ago and have not progressed even the tiniest bit. We are anxious to meet this little lady who is growing inside of me- she's all we can think about!
Some fun new pregnancy facts:
- Good sleep has become a thing of the past. It has just recently become uncomfortable for me. I can't find a good position and I wake up all the time. Oh well, I definitely enjoyed it while it lasted, the first 24 years of my life. Maybe one day I'll be able to do it again, maybe I won't.
- I go into Baby's nursery every morning when I wake up and just stare at everything. I don't ever get bored of it either. We plan on having her in her own room from night one.
- I have contractions throughout the day almost every day these days. Some are stronger than others. One night last week we thought I could possibly be in the beginning stages of labor. My contractions were strong and coming on every 3-5 minutes for 3.5 hours. I just didn't think it was something to worry about so we didn't go to the hospital. Turns out I was right. They just decided to stop and I was really sad about it.
- Baby has dropped quite a bit and the bottom of my belly hangs out of my shirts now. Yes, I have belly cleavage. It's so white trash but I can't do anything about it.
- I have gained 17.5 lbs over the past 9 months, and still don't have any stretch marks or swelling, hallelujah! I use Mother's Special Blend oil on my tummy, hips and butt 1-2 times a day. I love the stuff. I'm not sure if it has actually helped, or if I am just genetically blessed in the skin department, but I will use it with every pregnancy from here on out!
- I still exercise lightly, but get contractions throughout my work out. My work outs consist of incline walking, stairs and light weights. I'm excited to run again and to be able to really push myself.
- We have completed our birthing and breast feeding classes. I feel good about both things but am more nervous about breast feeding. I feel it's a very important thing to do and I'm worried that for some reason or another we'll struggle with it. I guess if we do, we do and it will all work out eventually.
- I'm also pretty set on having Baby on a schedule. I know people have varying opinions on this but I think it can only bring security and happiness to the baby in the long run. I know it will take some time to figure out and that we will have to be flexible but it's something I really want to achieve asap. Good sleeping and eating patterns make everyone happy, don't they?
- I won't be induced until she is at least 10 days past her due date. I personally am not a fan of induction, even though I've obviously never been through one. I think that babies come when they're good and ready and that any artificial drug isn't good for mom or baby so it's best to limit the use of them. I also think it's best to avoid risking a c-section where you can and inducement only adds to the likelihood of having to have one. If I get desperate, I'll try other natural options before I get induced. If they don't work we'll re-evaluate our situation at that point. I'm hoping she just comes on time, on her own, like a good little girl.
- My sister is as anxious as Josh and I. I get a text, voice mail, or Facebook message every day from her requesting I force my baby out. She's getting very frustrated with us.
Well I guess that's it for now. I am trying to stay busy with house chores and such until she arrives. I hope she comes sooner than later. She consumes my every thought. We are ready for you nameless little baby! Come join our family. We're a fun bunch, I promise!