Thursday, February 18, 2010

Talent

We have some truly talented friends and family members. We know chefs, a variety of designers, doctors, artists, lawyers, the list goes on and on. We are lucky enough to have some original art pieces in our home because of some of these talented people we love.

Josh's sister Rachel painted this beauty for our entry way. I LOVE it. I wanted something romantic, whimsical and fun. It came out absolutely perfect and works wonderfully in the space.
Don't mind the set up around it. I need to find some vases, flowers, etc, to put in place of the wedding pictures. They take away from her piece.


One of our good friends Dustin is a photographer and does amazing work. We are constantly impressed with his eye for beauty. He is great with lighting, angles, and unique settings. We have three of his photos on the walls of our office. We both love them. Dustin's work has been featured in a number of magazines, websites, and art shows. Be sure to visit his site, by clicking on his name above, to see images that do his work justice.
Again, don't mind the bad picture. The lighting this time of day was horrible and I couldn't get a picture of the trio without a terrible glare.

9 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I'd love to hire Rachel for a piece if she is interested, I LOVE that tree! LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Dustin is so talented! I had no idea he was a photographer! He's got skills!

Meagan said...

Both of those are amazing!!! I love art! I need to meet some artist friends! ha ha.

And I also love your entry way table!

Rachel said...

I didn't know you guys had the painting framed! Thanks for the props. You guys have the cutest house. I wish you'd come and decorate mine sometime :)

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Wow!!! I love all of those art pieces!!! you are so lucky!!! I am jealous...

Brittany and Johnse said...

beautiful artwork...I LOVE the pictures of the old cars and trucks! We would LOVE to have those in our boys room..too cool!

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Oh my gosh...I want that painting! I am going to work on getting on her list...amazing!

Spiker said...

Love them both! Yes we need rachel to do something for the cabin!

Brooke and Matt: said...

The painting turned out beautiful, she is very talented! We are lucky to be married into artist families! I also love the photos, I had know idea he was a photographer. Your house is looking great.

Dustin Butcher said...

You did a great job framing and matting those prints. They look really nice. I am glad you guys dig them.

Rachel's painting definitely trumps my photos, though. Really, that is super cool.