Thursday, June 30, 2011

First boating trip of the season

This past weekend we took the boat out for the first time this year! Josh was in Heaven. Boating is seriously his favorite thing ever. Lucy is probably the only thing that makes him happier. He loves everything from preparing the boat, to getting behind it on his board.

Lucy and Finn did fabulously. They couldn't have been better, which was such a relief for me. Lucy still relies on her naps so much, that I was worried we would have a tired and cranky baby who just wanted to sleep all day. She did awesome though and was such a champ. Neither she or Finner were fans of their life jackets. They couldn't move in them! Lucy just sat perfectly still (for the first time in her life) for the first two hours, sulking because we were making her wear it. I've never seen her so calm, it was amazing. Maybe I'll just have to pull that life vest out when I get tired from chasing her around, at the end of the day.

She fell over when we first put it on and was just stuck like this for a few minutes. She couldn't get herself back up and we of course all thought it was hilarious. She didn't seem to mind!

She loved playing with her Aunty Tiff and Uncle Jared.

Finny kept trying to eat the wind. It was hilarious.

Joshy doing his favorite thing!

Our sulker.

She loved playing in the water with her daddy.


Our little boating family.

I would say the first boating trip of the season was a success! The boat worked perfectly, the baby was happy and we had a perfect day with some of our closest friends.

8 comments:

Melodys Voice said...

Looks like so much fun! I love boating too :)

Jake and Kim said...

hahaha I couldn't help but laugh at her stuck hunched over, poor girl! Why do babies look so cute in life jackets?!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Poor baby fell over! haha. And I love that photo at the end, it's my favorite!

the organic kitchen said...

Oh my goodness I just love that baby. You will be here in about an hour ad I can't wait to love her up!

AmberRose said...

so cute!

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Such cute babies!!! Love the top photo of Lucy... she is such a trooper... looks like the weather was amazing!

Chantelle Olsen Peavler said...

So fun! They hate those life jackets though!! I am jealous.... I want to go out on the boat!! Our summer is being takin over by babies this year! So enjoy it for me too! :)

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

I was on www.pinterest.com and one of your photos if Lucy had been pinned on the sight today under the kids category they change the photos everyday so if you want to see it check it out today . Just thought you might want to know your daughter is famous :)