Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our snowed-in weekend at the cabin

So, I have failed at updating our blog once a week, so I have a lot of catching up to do. What else is new? We have been so busy lately, we spent a long weekend at the cabin, and 2 weeks in California. Lucy has been a champ through it all and is truly an angel baby.

The weekend we spent at the cabin with my family was a little crazy! We got snowed in and lost power for a day or so. The plows couldn't get to our driveway until a day after the crazy storm so we were trapped at the cabin, which isn't such a bad place to be stuck. With the power out, Lucy had to wear a hat inside and was swaddled pretty much all day. She didn't seem to notice and enjoyed the extra cuddle time. We went snow shoeing a couple of times, sat in the hot tub, did puzzles, watched movies, and enjoyed being together.

We are lucky to have such a beautiful place to visit. This is our driveway, my dad trying to make some progress on the cars before the plow could get to us, and the view from the front door.

The mountain of snow in front of the cabin, after the cars had been moved.

Our first snow shoe adventure was at night. We bundled Lucy up in her snow gear, and loaded her in our pack. She loved it! She was cooing and singing to herself the whole time. She is such a good sport and loves to be outside.

She also LOVES the hot tub. She looked pretty darn cute in her bathing suit if I do say so, myself.

Staying warm with the power being out. We can't even use our fireplace when the power goes out so blankets and clothes kept the wee one warm all day.

Lucy loves her mini recliner.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooooh, I can't get enough of her! I love that picture of her in the hot tub with the hat and binkie and hands clasped. Yumalicious! Good to see you guys yesterday...

Megan said...

sounds like an exciting adventure! lucy is seriously so insanely cute.

Ryan said...

What a cozy weekend! As always, I love little Lucy.

Kellie Spiker said...

So crazy that you got snowed in and lost power! I love the first photo of the drive way!

Chantelle Olsen Peavler said...

Looks so fun! But I am glad the winter is almost over!